- Academic and Author Speakers
- Asia and China Speakers and Commentators
- Business Keynote Speakers
- Climate Change and Environment Keynote Speakers
- Economists and Financial Speakers
- Futurist Speakers
- Celebrity and Famous Speakers
- Innovation Speakers
- Inspirational Leadership Speakers
- Management Speakers
- Marketing and Brand Keynote Speakers
- Motivational Speakers
- Political Speakers
- Sports speakers
- Technology and IT Keynote Speakers
Search Your Speaker
You can easily find a suitable speaker.
Please fill in the form below.
Niall Ferguson Speaker Profile
Historian, Professor and AuthorTopics:
– Civilization: The West and the Rest
– The Great Degeneration: How Institutions Decay and Economies Die
– Political Risk and the Global Business Environment
– Business Empires: How Big Companies Rise and Fall
– Is This the Chinese Century?
– Networks versus Hierarchies: The Tech Revolution in Historical Perspective
– Energy Independence: The Global Implications of the Shale Gas Revolution
Professor of History at Harvard University, a Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University, and a Senior Research Fellow at Jesus College, Oxford, he has published twelve books, including The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World (also an International Emmy Award-winning PBS/Channel 4 documentary series), The Great Degeneration: How Institutions Decay and Economies Die and Civilization: The West and the Rest.
He is a regular contributor to television and radio on both sides of the Atlantic.
A prolific commentator on contemporary politics and economics, Niall is a contributing editor for Bloomberg TV. In 2003 he wrote and presented a six-part history of the British Empire for Channel 4, the UK terrestrial broadcaster.
The accompanying book, Empire: The Rise and Demise of the British World Order and the Lessons for Global Power, was a bestseller in both Britain and the United States. The sequel, Colossus: The Rise and Fall of the American Empire, was published in 2004 and prompted Time magazine to name him one of the 100 most influential people in the world. Since 2011 he has been a contributing editor for Bloomberg Television and a columnist for Newsweek.
Two years later he published The War of the World: Twentieth-Century Conflict and the Descent of the West, a television adaptation of which was aired on PBS in 2007.
An accomplished speaker, Ferguson’s presentations are celebrated for their scintillating wit and their analytical clarity.
View wish list
Go back to search results
Close this window
Inventor of Sixth Sense