- Academic and Author Speakers
- Asia and China Speakers and Commentators
- Business Keynote Speakers
- Climate Change and Environment Keynote Speakers
- Economists and Financial Speakers
- Futurist Speakers
- Celebrity and Famous Speakers
- Innovation Speakers
- Inspirational Leadership Speakers
- Management Speakers
- Marketing and Brand Keynote Speakers
- Motivational Speakers
- Political Speakers
- Sports speakers
- Technology and IT Keynote Speakers
Search Your Speaker
You can easily find a suitable speaker.
Please fill in the form below.
Bob Geldof Speaker Profile
Musician and ActivistTopics:
– Global Communications
– Marketing in the global village
– Globalisation and the World's Economy
Bob Geldof is an Irish singer-songwriter, author, occasional actor and political activist. He rose to prominence as the lead singer of the Irish rock band The Boomtown Rats in the late 1970s and early 1980s alongside the punk rock movement. His music awards include Ivor Novellos, Brits and Grammies.
Geldof is widely recognised for his activism, especially anti-poverty efforts concerning Africa. In 1984 he and Midge Ure founded the charity supergroup Band Aid to raise money for famine relief in Ethiopia. They went on to organise the charity super-concert Live Aid the following year and the Live 8 concerts in 2005. Geldof currently serves as an adviser to the ONE Campaign, founded by fellow Irishman Bono. A single father, Geldof has also been outspoken for the fathers' rights movement.
Geldof was appointed an honorary knighthood by Queen Elizabeth II, and is a recipient of the Man of Peace title which recognises individuals who have made "an outstanding contribution to international social justice and peace", among numerous other awards and nominations. He has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize three times.
View wish list
Go back to search results
Close this window
Inventor of Sixth Sense