Jono Bacon keynote speaker
- Behavioral economics, incentivization, and gamification
- Community and ecosystem strategy and development (both for public products/platforms and internal company communities)
- Developer Relations, Engagement, and Growth
- Developer workflow and collaborative development
- Digital transformation and organizational design
- Executive and leadership coaching and development
- Innersourcing, and building internal open source workflow
- Innovation and Technology Growth and Adoption
- Open source adoption, consumption, and contribution
Jono Bacon is a leading community manager, speaker, and author. He is the founder of Jono Bacon Consulting which provides community strategy/execution, developer workflow, and other services. He also previously served as director of community at GitHub, Canonical, XPRIZE, OpenAdvantage, and consulted and advised a range of organizations.
Bacon is a prominent author and speaker on community management and best practice, and wrote the best-selling The Art of Community (O’Reilly), is the founder of the primary annual conference for community managers and leaders, the Community Leadership Summit as well as the annnual Open Collaboration Conference. He is a regular keynote speaker at events about community management, organizational leadership, and best practice.
Bacon has provided community management consultancy for both internal and external communities for a range of organizations. This includes Deutsche Bank, Huawei, GitLab, Intel, SAP, HackerOne, data.world, Sony Mobile, Samsung, Open Compute Project, IBM, Dyson, Mozilla, FINOS Foundation, Executive Centre, AlienVault, and others. He holds advisory positions at AlienVault, Moltin, data,world, Open Networking Foundation, and Open Cloud Consortium.
In addition to The Art of Community, Bacon is a columnist for Forbes and opensource.com, author of Dealing with Disrespect, and co-authored Linux Desktop Hacks (O’Reilly), and Official Ubuntu Book (Prentice Hall). Bacon has written over 500 articles across 12 different publications. He writes regularly for a range of magazines.
He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area in California with his wife, Erica, and their son, Jack.
New York Times Bestselling Author and Most-Cited Social Psychologist in...
Chief Evangelist at Canva, Brand Ambassador for Mercedes-Benz, Former Chief...
Adventurer, Author, Entrepreneur & Humanitarian