- Academic and Author Speakers
- Asia and China Speakers and Commentators
- Business Keynote Speakers
- Climate Change and Environment Keynote Speakers
- Economists and Financial Speakers
- Futurist Speakers
- Celebrity and Famous Speakers
- Innovation Speakers
- Inspirational Leadership Speakers
- Management Speakers
- Marketing and Brand Keynote Speakers
- Motivational Speakers
- Political Speakers
- Sports speakers
- Technology and IT Keynote Speakers
Search Your Speaker
You can easily find a suitable speaker.
Please fill in the form below.
Jono Bacon Speaker Profile
Director of Community at GitHub, Speaker, Author, Podcaster and Musician
– Building effective collaboration and participation in companies and externally
– The Open Source industry, history, growth, and future potential
– Innovation and technology growth and adoption
– Inner-sourcing: building strong internal teams
– Project, product, team, and engineering management
– Developer relations, engagement, and growth
– Journalism, podcasting, and speaking
Jono Bacon is a Director of Community at GitHub and previously led community at Canonical and XPRIZE.
Bacon is a prominent author and speaker on community management and best practice, and wrote the best-selling The Art of Community (O'Reilly), is the founder of the primary annual conference for community managers and leaders, the Community Leadership Summit, founder of the Community Leadership Forum, and is a regular keynote speaker at events about community management, leadership, and best practice.
He also writes columns for Forbes and opensource.com. Bacon has provided community management consultancy for both internal and external communities for a range of organizations. This includes Deutsche Bank, Intel, SAP, Sony Mobile, Samsung, Open Compute Project, IBM, Dyson, Mozilla, National Finishing Contractors Association, AlienVault, and others. He holds advisory positions at AlienVault, Open Networking Foundation, and Open Cloud Consortium. In addition to The Art of Community, Bacon is a columnist for Forbes and opensource.com, author of Dealing with Disrespect, and co-authored Linux Desktop Hacks (O¹Reilly), Official Ubuntu Book (Prentice Hall), and Practical PHP and MySQL (Prentice Hall).
Bacon has written over 500 articles across 12 different publications. He writes regularly for a range of magazines. Bacon was the co-founder of the popular LugRadio podcast, which ran for four years with 2million+ downloads and 15,000 listeners, as well as spawning five live events in both the UK and the USA, and co-founded the Shot Of Jaq podcast. He co-founded the Bad Voltage podcast, popular show about technology, Open Source, politics, and more. He founded the Creative Commons music projects Severed Fifth and Chimp Foot, and is also the founder of the Ubuntu Accomplishments, Jokosher, Acire, Python Snippets, and Lernid software projects.
View wish list
Go back to search results
Close this window
Inventor of Sixth Sense